As an important part of the power system, high-voltage switch circuit breakers play an important role in ensuring power security. Whether it is a large enterprise, a factory or a home user, they should recognize the importance of high-voltage switch circuit breakers and pay attention to power safety.
Role of high voltage switch circuit breaker
The role of the high voltage switch circuit breaker is to ensure the safe operation of the power system. When the power system fails, the high-voltage switch circuit breaker can cut off the faulty part in time to avoid the paralysis of the power system.
Structure of high voltage switch circuit breaker
The structure of high voltage switch circuit breaker is divided into two types: integral type and unit type. An integral circuit breaker consists of one or more insulators, one or more knife switches, and one or more grounding plates. Unitary circuit breakers are made up of one or more units, each of which has a knife switch, an insulator and a grounding plate.
The advantage of the integral circuit breaker is that the discrete unit circuit breaker is prone to failure, and when the integral circuit breaker fails, it can be restored to normal operation with only a repair. The unit type circuit breaker has the advantage of being easy to install and easy to maintain. But integral circuit breakers also have some disadvantages. 1. The integrated structure is complex, and the maintenance workload is large. 2. The mechanical strength is low and it is easy to generate vibration.
The working principle of the high voltage switch circuit breaker is to use the voltage level to control the opening and closing of the circuit breaker. When the voltage reaches a predetermined level, the circuit breaker opens, allowing current to flow through; when the voltage drops to a certain limit, the circuit breaker automatically closes.
Use of high voltage switch circuit breakers
The main function of the high-voltage circuit breaker is to ensure the safety of the power system. When a short circuit or overload occurs, the high-voltage circuit breaker can disconnect the faulty circuit, thereby avoiding the danger of the power system.
There are three main ways to use high-voltage circuit breakers: parallel connection, series connection, and parallel connection.
In the process of use, the appropriate circuit breaker connection method should be selected according to the actual situation.
- 1. Things to consider when connecting circuit breakers in parallel: both ends of the circuit breakers in parallel are connected to the load switch, and their rated current is greater than the rated current;
- Both ends of the parallel circuit breakers must be provided with protective devices (such as fuses) to protect them;
- Both ends of the parallel circuit breaker should be connected to the busbar and outlet line of the corresponding voltage level respectively;
- The circuit breakers connected in parallel must be able to open and close two circuit breakers with the same bus voltage level at the same time.
- In order to make two circuit breakers with the same bus voltage level can be connected to each other, attention should also be paid to the connection method between two circuit breakers with different bus voltage levels, such as when the bus voltage is 220V and the other bus voltage is 380V , it should be connected in parallel.
Maintenance of high voltage switch circuit breaker
How to maintain the high voltage switch circuit breaker
1) Clean the surface of the switch circuit breaker to prevent dust accumulation;
2) Ensure that the connection part of the switch circuit breaker has good sealing performance to prevent the intrusion of water and rain;
3) Be careful not to use too much force, so as not to damage the switch circuit breaker.
Maintenance cycle of high voltage switch circuit breaker
Under normal circumstances, the maintenance cycle of high-voltage switch circuit breakers is 6 months.